What is a Virtual Assistant?
Are you wondering “What is a Virtual Assistant?” or “What can a Virtual Assistant do for me?” Then read on to find out…
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT (VA)?
A Virtual Assistant is a highly skilled professional that gives you all the benefits of an office based Executive Assistant, but saves you money on:
- office space
- tax and national insurance
- employee benefits (e.g. holiday pay, pensions, sick pay).
A VA is self-employed and will deal with all of their own taxes, expenses, office space and equipment. It is estimated that hiring a Virtual Assistant can save you as much as 40% in business expenses (source: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/251058).
Virtual Assistants provide support remotely from their home office, but can also travel to a clients’ office (location dependent). They offer a diverse range of administrative, technical and business support services to businesses operating in a broad range of sectors. This support is available on a:
- weekly; or
- monthly basis
- alternatively, you can hire a VA on an ad-hoc/project basis.
Putting a VA in your team is a wise investment that will have long-term effects on your productivity, time management, stress and, ultimately, bottom line.
WHAT CAN A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT DO FOR ME?
A Virtual Assistant will give you the one precious gift you need more than anything and that is…TIME!
You can then put that time to good use and start enjoying your business, attend that networking event, take a potential client to lunch, start doing the things you enjoy, and spend your evenings relaxing with family and friends, instead of in front of your computer.
Virtual Assistant services include, but are not limited to tasks such as:
- Scheduling your meetings and appointments straight into your calendar
- Clear out and organise your inbox
- Maintain your contacts, keeping them organised and up to date
- Organise your next corporate event
- Research and book flights, accommodation, taxis or car hire for your upcoming trip
- Respond to routine correspondence, produce documents, type up minutes/notes
- Online research into the information you need, cheapest option, best venue…
Hiring the services of a Virtual Assistant can be of benefit to so many, whether you are a:
- small/home based business
- Non-Executive Director
- an internet based business; or even
- a busy individual/family
It really is a service which is accessible to everyone!
Simply put, a Virtual Assistant is more cost-effective and they go above and beyond to impact your own productivity. No task is too big or small for a Virtual Assistant, even if it’s just 1 hour of work a month, a VA can (and will) do it.
As a Virtual Assistant owns their own business, like you, they want to grow that business, it’s therefore in their best interest to consistently perform above and beyond expectations. They care more about doing a great job than many employees who are just there to earn money.
STILL NOT SURE IF IT’S FOR YOU – TRY THIS SIMPLE TASK, AND BE SURPRISED:
Over the period of perhaps a week or two weeks:
- keep a log of the tasks you carry out on a daily basis
- at the end of the week/fortnight, go back and review it
- highlight the tasks that you could delegate to a Virtual Assistant
Because while you probably have the skills to do all or most of these tasks, you will definitely not have the time. Then finally, get in touch with me and let’s have a conversation about how we can work together to improve your productivity, time management, stress levels and, ultimately, bottom line.
You will be surprised how much your business will grow with an extra pair of hands to help!
Interested in finding out more, and to see how I could help you, then please take a look at my website, read over my testimonials to see what others have to say or simply get in touch with me to talk things over.
I can offer you the support your business needs, and tailor this to suit your requirements to give you back the time to focus on your business.
Thanks for reading!
Blackwood Executive Assistance
Tel: 01224 900868 / Mobile: 07779 593837